At Anton Brown funerals, we understand that being prepared for death may sound morbid, however, it can take the pressure off making hasty decisions when someone passes and you are in depths of grief.
In this blog, we share a funeral planning checklist to help to answer common questions and help ease the burden at an already difficult time.
We also recommend contacting your funeral director as soon as possible after a loved one’s death to assist with arrangements and remove the additional stress from family and friends.
At Anton Brown Funerals, we have someone available to take your call 24/7. So, please don’t hesitate to contact us whenever you need on (07) 3217 3088.
Funeral Arrangements Checklist
While we understand every funeral is a unique tribute to each individual, the following items are typically taken into consideration.
- Will your loved one be buried or cremated?
- For burials:
- Do you have an existing plot, or do you need to purchase one?
- What type of coffin or casket will you select? We can present our range to you and help you make the right choice.
- Will you have a Gravestone and or tombstone made?
- What will the inscription be?
- Would you like a viewing before the service?
- Who will serve as the pallbearers (if you have a service)?
- For cremations:
- Will you collect the ashes or have them placed in a memorial wall?
- Will you need a cremation urn?
- For burials:
- Will you have a funeral service?
- What is the preferred location, time and date for service?
- Will the service be religious?
- Is the preference for a non-attended service?
- Who will conduct the service?
- Minister, celebrant or family member?
- Would you like morning or afternoon tea at the cemetery/crematorium (if they provide it) or will you have a gathering elsewhere?
- Who will write and place a funeral notice?
- The Anton Brown Funerals team can help you to do this and place the notice on your behalf.
- Who will complete necessary forms to register the death with the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages?
- Anton Brown Funerals can finalise this for you.
- What funeral floral arrangements and tributes will be included?
- Flowers can add a personal touch to your service and you can opt for wreaths and casket sprays. Find out more here.
- What music would you like played and when?
- We find people choose music for before the service, during the service, during visual presentations and as people leave the service.
- We can help with your music selection and share a list of songs which are regularly played here.
- Who will write and or deliver the Eulogies?
- Which prayers, poems, readings or verses would you like included?
- Will there be any visual presentations, including videos or photo slideshows?
- If so, who will put this together?
- What images, videos or music will be included?
- Will there be any large images on display at the venue?
- Will you have an order or service booklet created?
- If so, which images would you like included?
- Who will put the booklet together?
- Where would you like it printed? We can put you in touch with a professional printer if need be.
- Is catering included at your venue? Or do you need to organise it?
- Is there a group of people who need to be notified about the death and service? E.g. sports club, community organisation, former workplaces of the deceased.
Funeral Planning Checklist
If you’d like more guidance, you can download our planning ahead guide here.
Alternatively, we are more than happy to answer any questions you have over the phone. Please don’t hesitate to contact Anton Brown Funerals today on (07) 3217 3088
Anton Brown Funerals is a family-owned, Queensland funeral company which was established in 1995.
Our Brisbane-based team of funeral directors are honest, professional, compassionate and understanding, and always put our clients and their needs first.
We go above and beyond to ensure your loved one’s funeral arrangements are tailored to their final wishes and can assist you with burials, cremations, coffins, floral arrangements, pre-planning and more.
If you need help organising a dignified funeral service, we are available to discuss arrangements 24/7, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us today on (07) 3217 3088 or send us a message online here.