If you are planning a funeral for a loved one, we are deeply sorry for your loss.
We understand that words may offer little comfort at this time, but the dedicated and compassionate team at Anton Brown Funerals in Brisbane is available to discuss your arrangements when you are ready.
Organising a funeral can be overwhelming to say the least, but in this blog, we share the information you need to share with our team so we are able to finalise arrangements.
Also, we have several other resources on our website which may be beneficial to you during this difficult time, such as a funeral planning checklist, guidance about how to obtain a death certificate, and questions to ask a funeral director.
Information needed to Finalise Arrangements
Our funeral directors will need various details about your loved one in order to complete arrangements, register their death and apply for a death certificate.
Information required about the deceased:
- Full name
- Date and place of birth
- Date and place of death
- Residential address
- Occupation (Were they retired?)
- Relationship status at the time of death
- Marriages or registered relationships
- Details about their parents including names and occupations
- Details about their children including names and birth dates
Information about burial or cremation:
- Burial or Cremation details:
- Attended or non-attended service
- Name of crematorium/cemetery
- Preferred date and time of Cremation/Burial
- Who will conduct the service: Clergy, Celebrant or family member
- If there is an attended service, we will need guidance on the following as well:
- Catering for gathering after service
- Flowers and other tributes
- Coffins or casket, if required
Information for funeral notice:
Our team can also help you to compile the funeral notice and can even submit it to the desired publication on your behalf.
In order to do that that we will need the following:
- Full name, including maiden name and nicknames, if applicable,
- Age when they passed away,
- City of residence,
- Date of death,
- Details about surviving and pre-deceased family members, and
- Information about the funeral service, including date, location and time.
For further guidance about writing an obituary, head to our blog here.
Planning a Funeral
We understand that planning a funeral is never easy, which is why our team of dedicated funeral directors strive to make the process of planning your loved one’s funeral as straightforward as possible.
If you are ready to discuss funeral arrangements, please contact our team on (07) 3217 3088, and we will arrange a time and place which is convenient for you.
Anton Brown Funerals is a family-owned, Queensland funeral company which was established in 1995.
Our Brisbane-based team of funeral directors are honest, professional, compassionate and understanding, and always put our clients and their needs first.
We go above and beyond to ensure your loved one’s funeral arrangements are tailored to their final wishes and can assist you with burials, cremations, coffins, floral arrangements, pre-planning and more.
If you need help organising a dignified funeral service, we are available to discuss arrangements 24/7, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us today on (07) 3217 3088 or send us a message online here.